A balanced diet is important for good health. A healthy & varied diet can help us keep a healthy body weight, improve our overall wellbeing and reduce the risk of a number of diseases.
A healthy diet is a balanced diet and contains carbohydrate, fat, protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals & water. We need to make sure that we consume the right proportions of different foods so we get the balance right. No single food can provide the body with all the nutrients it needs so it is important we eat a wide variety of foods to provide us with enough vitamins, minerals & fibre, which are important for good health.
Primula cheese is an excellent source of calcium; we should all eat 2-3 servings of dairy foods a day.
A serving of cheese provides:
- Calcium - essential for healthy bones & teeth
- Zinc - necessary for tissue growth & repair
- Protein - essential for growth & repair
- Vitamin B2 - needed to release energy in our body
- Vitamin B12 - used blood cells & nerve function
- Vitamin A - required for growth, development & eyesight
For further information on health and nutrition please visit some of the following useful websites: